Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I actually write things? No kidding...

When you stay up really late at night with nothing to do, you tend to think about things. As I am getting hungry at 4am, I start to imagine how awesome it'd be if I were in KL right now. I'd just walk out to the nearest mamak joint, ask for a mee goreng, and have a wonderful meal for next to nothing. Instead I'm stuck with a peanut butter sandwich and a glass of milk.

Freakin' awesome.

When life is so unbelievably hectic, there is barely any time to stop and THINK. Work demands your complete attention, leaving no space for important things like... social life? Kinda what it's been like for me for the past 3 months. Working 2 jobs @ 60 hours a week is hell.

OK maybe not that bad. Of course it sucked big time at first but once I got used to flow it wasn't that bad really. Of course there were times I wished I could just sleep in and not come to the office. But damn it, I signed that freaking contract and a dude's gotta do what a dude's gotta do.

Now that the period is over, it's time to recharge. But the funny thing is the recharge process took much less time than expected. After a week of doing almost nothing I'm becoming totally restless (which might explain why I'm still up typing random things at this hour). I suppose it's a normal thing for most people that when they stop working after a period of madness they get confused. What the hell am I gonna do now?

Hmmm... I do have that stack of DVDs I gotta watch. And there are those hundreds of RAW files I need to process. And of course I need to reply all those favs at dA.

But first I gotta finish the damn milk.

3 Comments:

  • enjoy.... There are times when you have to leave it all blank and enjoy all the hard works that were done. :) Merry Christmas

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:32 PM, December 18, 2007  

  • Haha true. Time to move forward now though. Gotta get me a better job...

    By Blogger coppersnare, at 3:43 AM, January 24, 2008  

  • Well, I envy you. I am still in my professional hiatus. Been in this job and that job for years, then I decided to quit working (!). Just quit and be a proud hippie bumb, started writing and making the best out of it.

    Mom's behind my back though, so I'll have to start looking for one to settle down with.

    Amusing (photo)blog btw. Peanut butter sandwich and milk sounds good too. Nice to be here, and happy blogging!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:17 PM, February 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home