Friday, June 16, 2006

Summer Blues

It's almost halfway through summer break and I'm bored out of my wits. The option of taking classes during the summer unfortunately does not apply to me, as the ones available are either 1000 level subjects or catered for management students only. Ah, the dilemma of a new media major.

It doesn't help either that I only managed to get 20 hours of part time work per week. Absolutely inadequate to keep one occupied as I'm used with the same amount of hours even when the semester is in full swing.

Bumming around is only fun for a month max. After you finish all the missions in GTA: Vice City and complete all stages in Colin McRae Rally 2005, you are left with nothing else but to read nerds flaming each other at Slashdot and try to get amused.

Going back home was an option that I seriously considered. Sadly the high price of the flight ticket hindered me from purchasing one.

I am still waiting for my work permit to be approved. It seems like that would be my last resort in preventing total boredom in the next two months. The job that I plan to apply for once the permit is out is a challenging one. It involves soothing down angry Americans (from Chicago no less!) when at the same time trying to figure out what is wrong with their DSL connection over the phone. The fact that most of the users have IT knowledge of a hamster does not help either.

But anything is better than now. After experiencing a crazy 8 months period that saw me working almost every day with not much sleep, all this free time is getting on my nerves.

As I sit here on my 7th straight hour supervising the computer labs, I can only think of one thing: Dammit I wanna go back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home