Sunday, January 15, 2006

Catch up post + Canadian elections

Hmmm.. it's been so long since I posted anything. The 2 week break that was supposed to be a productive session turned out to be a total slob fest. I finished the Desperate Housewives season one box set in 3 days, quite an accomplishment as I'm usually not really fond of TV serials. I wasn't expecting much, but it was surprisingly good. The plot is just awesome. If you've been doing scriptwriting or stuff like that you'll realize how difficult it is to come up with an interesting plot. And come to think there's a ton of characters with their own stories interweaving around each other makes it even more incredible. Hats off to Mark Cherry and the team.

This semester is gonna be crazy, I can feel it coming. My schedule is set and I'll be working 20 hours a week. Might not sound much, but since I'm having a five course load this sem it's actually a little bit crazy (at least that's what my friends have been telling me). A lot of people here take three or four course load and they still complain of the work (and they don't even work part time!). I don't know about them but I'm so not used with taking only three courses per sem. There'll be so much free time! It'll also take way too long to complete the degree, which is something I wanna do in the least amount of time. I'm amazed with people who enjoy studying so much that they take double degrees and stuff like that. I personally hate studying (the ones where you have to memorize stuff and all) which is why I'm doing what I'm doing now. You don't have to memorize much in Film Production. Just get familiar with the camera and go outside and shoot.

I've been following the news happening in Indonesia and Malaysia and there have been so many juicy things to blog about, but I've never really had the willpower to drag my ass and write about them. I really admire people who can write fresh stuff every day (not the inane stuff like what they had for breakfast, how smashed they got at the party last night and all that). Must work harder.

On a political note, Canada will be having the election on the 23rd of January. There have been some interesting incidents, like the nasty ads by the Liberals attacking Conservative Party's Stephen Harper. The ads were the ultimate example of character assasination and I found them to be in extremely bad taste (and I'm already used with nasty Indonesian politics, which is pretty much as dirty as it gets!). It'll be interesting to see the outcome of this election. For me (and for everybody else I guess) what really matters is that the new government will bring the friggin' tax down, although it seems really unlikely at this point. However I'm still grateful that Alberta tax is still among the lowest as there is only GST, not like some other provinces that have GST+Provincial Service Tax.

Time to do something else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home